Crown And Pepper/Aja Lounge, 242 High Street
- 020 8688 7507
- 242 High Street, CR0 1NF
- Mon-Thu: noon-11pm; Fri-Sat: noon-midnight; Sun: noon-10pm (taken from sign on door, August 2012)
Pub and restaurant on the High Street.
The naming is a bit confusing, but it seems that the pub part is called the Crown & Pepper, while the restaurant area is called the Aja Lounge. The food appears to be a combination of Indian, Chinese, and British. As of September 2016 food is served Mon-Thu noon-10pm, Fri-Sat noon-11pm, and Sun noon-9:30pm.
As of July 2015 there was a board outside photo proclaiming the existence of a new shisha bar in the pub's Mist Lounge. According to a sign seen in September 2016, this is open Mon-Thu 6pm-11pm, Fri 6pm-late, Sat 3pm-late, and Sun 3pm-11pm.
In previous years it was the Catherine Wheel photo.
Accessibility: A step to get in. Toilets are up a flight of stairs with three bends and a sturdy handrail on one side.
- Photos of the menu as of September 2016: page 1, page 2, page 3
- Photo of the samosa chaat (March 2017)
- Photo of the beancurd in black bean sauce (January 2014)
- Scores on the Doors food hygiene score