Croydon Village Outlet, 2 North End
- 020 8774 3560
- 2 North End, CR9 1SB
- Mon-Wed: 10am-6:30pm; Thu: 10am-8pm; Fri: 10am-6:30pm; Sat: 9am-7pm; Sun: 11am-5pm (source: website, Apr 2014)
As of late November 2014, the Croydon Advertiser reports that it's due to be relaunched under the name "Zervo". However, as of mid-December 2014 the signage hasn't changed.
It opened as Croydon Village Outlet in September 2013 in the premises previously occupied by Allders photo. However, as of June 2014 most of the departments have departed, including everything in the food hall except the Dash Coffee Co.
Accessibility: Allders used to have step-free access to all floors via lifts and ramps, which seems to mostly still be in place. However, we haven't checked this thoroughly.
However, Allders Mall, the "corridor" through the store with several independent traders, was still in operation as of December 2012, and according to the Croydon Advertiser had been renamed to North End Mall.
In addition, a new "outlet centre" called Croydon Village was announced to open in September 2013 in the space vacated by Allders, and this did in fact happen.
According to the Croydon Village Outlet store directory as of October 2013 photo, the departments included furniture, clothes, luggage, stationery, shoes, cosmetics, fashion accessories, perfume, books, electrical goods, kitchenware, haberdashery, and toys. However, as of late October 2013 the haberdashery and book departments at least weren't in place yet (according to a member of staff the haberdashery probably won't be in until early 2014).
It also incorporated the Greenhill Food Hall photo of floor plan, which as of late October 2013 consisted of:
- a pan-Asian cafe offering dim sum, noodles, etc photo of menu
- North End Rotisserie (rotisserie chicken, hot meals such as sausage and mash)
- Le Perron boulangerie
- a salad bar
- Dragonfly yoghurts/juices/smoothies
- Dash Coffee Co
- Amoretti Deli (cooked food such as duck in orange sauce, deli items such as artichoke hearts)
- World Deli (cooked food such as beef rendang, various Indian items photo of Indian menu, photo of pani puri in October 2013)
- a cheese/wine/real ale/cider shop
(There was also a space for a sushi place called Tokyo Soul, but this wasn't open on our last full walk-through, and as of December 2013 it had been replaced by a burger place.) There was some seating for eat-in.