Project B, 3-7 Middle Street
As of December 2019 it operates as a private hire venue only.
By July 2012 it was a child-friendly cafe and children's indoor playspace called Beanies photo. The playspace moved to a space in the Whitgift Centre around the end of 2014, though the cafe continued to run. By March 2015 there was new signage up for Project B (run by the same people as Beanies).
In February 2016 a vegan cafe called Buttercream Dreams opened in the ground floor space, though the building remained in the hands of Project B as an events company. Buttercream Dreams moved out again in June 2016. (As of July 2016 Buttercream Dreams operated as a stall on Surrey Street Market and a cafe in Camden, but both of these outlets closed down in August 2016, with the Buttercream Dreams Facebook page citing the owner's health problems as the reason.)
As of July 2016 the ground floor was used as an evening-only bar, while the owners looked for a new daytime cafe operator to replace Buttercream Dreams. We aren't sure if the cafe ever did open again.
By December 2019 the space was operating as a private hire venue only.
- Photo of children's "pick plate" from Beanies (June 2013)
- Photos of Project B menu as of March 2015: sandwich menu, children's menu
- Photos of Buttercream Dreams menus as of February 2016 (though note that the food menu changes daily): food, drinks
- Photo of sausage roll and beans from Buttercream Dreams (Feb 2016)
- Photo of vegan egg salad sandwich from Buttercream Dreams (Apr 2016)
- Croydon Advertiser articles on Buttercream Dreams: Initial opening, closure, replacement, new stall
- Eastlondonlines article on Buttercream Dreams
- Photos from August 2016: cocktail menu, sour cherry spritz, interior 1, interior 2