Project B, 3-7 Middle Street
- 3-7 Middle Street, CR0 1RE
- Mon:closed; Tue-Sat: 6:30pm onwards; Sun: closed (source: Project B Twitter account, Nov 2016)
The bar operates in the evenings only, while in the daytime the space is intended for use as a cafe. As of July 2016 the owners are currently looking for a new cafe operator to replace the previous one, Buttercream Dreams.
Accessibility: A ramp to get in. Toilets are up a couple of steps.
By July 2012 it was a child-friendly cafe and children's indoor playspace called Beanies photo. The playspace moved to a space in the Whitgift Centre around the end of 2014, though the cafe continued to run. By March 2015 there was new signage up for Project B (run by the same people as Beanies).
In February 2016 a vegan cafe called Buttercream Dreams opened in the ground floor space, though the building remained in the hands of Project B as an events company. Buttercream Dreams moved out again in June 2016. As of July 2016 Buttercream Dreams operated as a stall on Surrey Street Market and a cafe in Camden, but both of these outlets closed down in August 2016, with the Buttercream Dreams Facebook page citing the owner's health problems as the reason.
- Photo of children's "pick plate" from Beanies (June 2013)
- Photos of Project B menu as of March 2015: sandwich menu, children's menu
- Photos of Buttercream Dreams menus as of February 2016 (though note that the food menu changes daily): food, drinks
- Photo of sausage roll and beans from Buttercream Dreams (Feb 2016)
- Photo of vegan egg salad sandwich from Buttercream Dreams (Apr 2016)
- Croydon Advertiser articles on Buttercream Dreams: Initial opening, closure, replacement, new stall
- Eastlondonlines article on Buttercream Dreams