Historical version 52 of Anatolia, 175 London Road
Small Turkish cafe on London Road. It just does coffee, no food, and as of October 2017 it has a sign indicating that it operates as a members-only club.
As of June 2018 we haven't seen it open for quite some time.
According to a member of staff in October 2016, it had been open about a year at that point (though it still had no name on the frontage).
- Eastlondonlines article on Hard Jazz Cafe
- Eastlondonlines video of Hard Jazz Cafe opening
- Photo of Hard Jazz Cafe menu board in March 2012
In late 2012, Cut & Stitch/Saira's Boutique photo, a clothes shop and tailors which had previously been housed at the back of Al-Waqt Electrical a couple of doors down, moved into the space, but this closed some time between May 2014 and March 2015.
- Photo of Cut & Stitch/Saira's A-board from August 2012
- Photo of Saira's Boutique flyer from December 2013
In early 2015, both this unit and the one next door opened as a branch of Cash And Carry Beds, 1 Derby Road photo. At some point though, Cash And Carry Beds reduced its operations to just the next-door unit, and it was gone completely by mid-2016 (though the Derby Road branch remained open).