Alchemy, 28-30 St George's Walk
- 020 8667 1670
- 28-30 St George's Walk, CR0 1YJ
Bar and restaurant on St George's Walk. It opened in August 2014.
According to a sign outside later the same month photo, it does a Caribbean buffet at lunchtimes. According to a menu seen in September 2014, all the meat is halal, and no pork is cooked on the premises.
As of September 2014, it's currently cash only.
- Photo of buffet plate from September 2014
- Photo of menu from September 2014
- Photo of flyer from September 2014
As of October 2012, there were signs in the window advertising both British food such as fish & chips and full English breakfast, and African food such as eba, pounded yam, and amala. Photos: 1, 2, 3. They also did a buffet at lunchtimes, with half a dozen dishes varying daily. As of November 2012 this wasn't an all-you-can-eat buffet; prices depended on the size of plate you wanted.
- Croydon Advertiser article on Victoria Island
- Photo of buffet plate from Victoria Island in November 2012
- Photo of Victoria Island flyer from April 2013
The last time we definitely saw Victoria Island open was in October 2013. As of March 2014 we hadn't seen it open for a while, despite walking past fairly often, and by June 2014 the frontage signs had been removed photo and the windows newspapered over photo. However, the outside was also freshly painted.
By July 2014 the newspaper had been replaced by decorative decals photo.