Croydon In The 2010s - Differences between Version 45 and Version 44 of Barclays, 19-20 Norfolk House, Wellesley Road

Version 45 Version 44
== Line 22 == == Line 22 ==
@THUMB [[Halifax (CLOSED), 43 George Street|]]
@THUMB [[Halifax (CLOSED), 43 George Street|]]

Bank on the corner of Wellesley Road and George Street, with two external cashpoints.

According to Cinema Treasures, the building (Norfolk House) was constructed after the Second World War on a site previously occupied by a building known as the Public Hall. The Public Hall was originally built as a library/scientific institution, and converted into a cinema in May 1910; it operated as a full-time cinema for a few months after that, but by the end of 1910 cinema performances were only sporadic, and ceased entirely in 1920.

According to a photo on Flickr, as of c. 1980 Norfolk House was firmly in place, and the premises now occupied by Barclays were shared between a jewellers called "(something) Walker" at number 19 and "(something) T Robinson" "electrical discount centre" at number 20.

Existence last checked in December 2019.

Wellesley Road ... (unprocessed THUMB macro) (unprocessed THUMB macro) (unprocessed THUMB macro)

George Street ... (unprocessed THUMB macro) (unprocessed THUMB macro) (unprocessed THUMB macro) (unprocessed THUMB macro) (unprocessed THUMB macro) ...

List all versions