Croydon In The 2010s - Differences between Version 38 and Version 37 of Mazi, 81 London Road
|Version 38||Version 37|
|== Line 29 ==||== Line 29 ==|
<div class="last_verified">Existence last checked in December 2019.</div>
<div class="last_verified">Existence last checked in June 2018.</div>
|== Line 46 ==||== Line 46 ==|
Turkish ocakbasi restaurant on London Road. It's fairly small, seating only around 30 people if that.
The menu includes stews, kebabs, pide, and lahmacun, and the restaurant is fully licensed.
The stews are prepared in advance and displayed in a hot counter at the front of the shop. The kebabs are freshly prepared on an open charcoal grill a little further back.
On a Saturday evening visit in January 2013, they told us the pide (a sort of Turkish-style pizza) is only available until 6pm.
Accessibility: A step to get in, and the corridor leading past the front counter to the seating and the back is a bit narrow. Another step to some of the seating. The regular toilets are down a flight of stairs in the basement, but there may be another one on the ground floor.
- Photos of takeaway menu from November 2016: page 1, page 2
- Photos of restaurant menu from October 2013: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Photo of the lahmacun in June 2012
- Photo of the large adana kebab in May 2013
- Photo of the hummous in October 2013
- Photo of the stuffed aubergine in October 2013
- Photo of the ribs in October 2014
- Photo of the lamb chops in October 2014
- Photo of the tea in October 2014
- Scores on the Doors food hygiene rating
List all versions