Matthews Yard, 1 Matthews Yard
- 1 Matthews Yard, CR0 1FF
- Mon-Tue: closed; Wed-Thu: 11am-9pm (kitchen closes 8:30pm); Fri-Sat: 11am-11pm (kitchen closes 9pm); Sun: 11am-6pm (kitchen closes 4pm) (source: website, May 2019)
Art, culture, and live music space just off Surrey Street. It opened in April 2012 as a cafe and co-working space, and has evolved over the years.
There's also a gallery space which hosts regular art exhibitions, and a small theatre.
Accessibility: No steps to get in, and there's an accessible toilet.
- Photo of poached eggs on toast from the Matthews Yard kitchen in November 2012
- Photos of Matthews Yard menu as of July 2014: 1, 2
- Photos of Brgr & Beer menu as of May 2015: food, soft drinks/wine/spirits (the beer selection changes frequently)
- Photos of Hoodoo's menu as of December 2015: food, drinks
- Photos of Hoodoo's menu as of September 2016: food, drinks
- Photo of eggs benedict from Hoodoo's in September 2016
- Croydon Advertiser article on Hoodoo's leaving Matthews Yard
- Photo of falafel burger from Brgr & Beer in May 2015
- Photos of Brgr & Beer menu as of September 2016: food, soft drinks/wine/spirits (the beer selection changes frequently)