According to Cinema Treasures
, the building (Norfolk House) was constructed after the Second World War on a site previously occupied by a building known as the Public Hall. The Public Hall was originally built as a library/scientific institution, and converted into a cinema in May 1910; it operated as a full-time cinema for a few months after that, but by the end of 1910 cinema performances were only sporadic, and ceased entirely in 1920.
According to a photo on Flickr, as of c. 1980 Norfolk House was firmly in place, and the premises now occupied by Barclays were shared between a jewellers called "(something) Walker" at number 19 and "(something) T Robinson" "electrical discount centre" at number 20.
Existence last checked in December 2019.