Shadi Bakery, 79 London Road
- 020 3632 4780
- 79 London Road, CR0 2RF
Naan bakery and cafe on London Road. It opened in mid-2012.
There are two tandoors at the front, baking fresh naan bread, while further back is a counter where you can order naan with toppings such as cheese and zaatar; there's also a couple of tables and chairs. Further back along a short corridor and down some steps is a restaurant area ("Jamal's") where various food such as soup, lamb, and rice is on offer. In December 2019 there was a short closure while the shop was renovated, including alterations to the restaurant area at the back; the shop at the front had reopened by the end of the year but work was still going on in the restaurant.
Accessibility: A step to get in to the front part where naan are sold. Several more steps to the seating area at the back.
- Photo of the menu as of May 2017
- Photo of pickles in July 2012
- Photo of egg naan and chickpeas in June 2017
- Photo of kubba and salad in March 2019
- Scores on the Doors food hygiene rating
- Article on the history of the building