Basil And Grape, 46 George Street
- 020 8680 2277
- 46 George Street, CR0 1PB
Italian wine bar on George Street. It originally opened on 30 June 2018 as a franchise of the Veeno chain photo, but became independent and changed its name to Basil & Grape some time between October 2018 and May 2019.
It was still vacant as of August 2014, but by February 2015 there was signage for a new "Caribbean and soul food" restaurant called Caribsoul photo. This opened in early April 2015 photo but closed down for good in September 2017 due to the death of one of the co-owners.
- Photos of Caribsoul menus in April/May 2015: breakfast and lunch, main menu, drinks
- Photo of the Caribsoul menu as of July 2016
- Photo of callaloo with rice and peas at Caribsoul in April 2015
- Croydon Advertiser article on Caribsoul opening
The premises were vacant as of October 2017, and still vacant as of February 2018. An Italian "wine cafe" called Veeno opened on 30 June 2018.