La Spezia, 12 Ye Market, Selsdon Road
- 020 8688 4519
- 12 Ye Market, Selsdon Road, CR2 6PW
- Mon-Fri: 7am-7pm; Sat: 7am-6pm; Sun: 8am-4pm (source: sign on door, Sep 2016)
Italian deli and cafe on Selsdon Road in South Croydon.
As of August 2012, boards outside advertise "sandwiches, coffee, tea, cakes, home-made sauces, pasta, salumi misti, selection of great cheeses, Polish food, vegetarian salad bar".
On a September 2012 visit, the Polish food wasn't particularly obvious, but they did have a selection of Italian groceries including ground coffee, De Cecco pasta, Metellania tinned tomatoes, passata, olive oil, huge jars of sundried tomatoes, ready-made pasta sauces, and jars of antipasto. Meats and cheeses were displayed inside a chill counter, and a frozen stand offered La Rustica ice cream. There was also a small selection of fresh vegetables, and various Italian breads (baked by an Italian bakery in Wimbledon).
It has seating for about a dozen people at one communal table plus two others for two and four people respectively. Food is served during all hours they're open.
Accessibility: A step to get in. It's quite small inside, and the floor is cluttered with stock.
- Photos of flyer from April 2012: cover, inside
- Photo of parma ham and cheese sandwich (September 2012)
- Dirty Croydon Love article
- Scores on the Doors food hygiene rating